Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY Coconut Milk Shampoo tried and tested. Does it work?


So here I am again. As promised I have made the Coconut Milk Shampoo and I am ready to tell you what I think of it.
Here you can find a little reminder of the recipe.


In a bowl, I mixed 1/2 cup Coconut Milk and 2/3 cup of Castile Soap (VERY expensive!!! Nearly €9 for 275ml bottle!!!)





Then I added the 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 20 drops of essential Oils 
(I used Neroli and Tea Tree)


With the help of a funnel I have transferred the mixture into 2 old 300ml shampoo bottles



I have managed to fill up one and a half bottles, So I suppose the cost of each bottle would come just under 3 euro. Still at least 2 euro less expensive than a shop bought organic shampoo.
Now, was it worth the hassle?
My hair was very oily as I just had a lovely back and head massage that morning, so was the shampoo able to remove the oil from my hair? The answer is

NO


If possible my hair was oilier than it was before washing it. I couldn't even brush it it was so thick and greasy, as if I had washed it with styling gel instead. So I rinsed it again. But it didn't get any better. I ended up tying it in a pony tail for the rest of the day and wash it again (with Tresemme' shampoo) in the shower the same evening.

Total fail.

A real shame.

1 comment:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. My Scalp Smells

    ReplyDelete