Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Home Made Cleansing Milk

Having trained in Natural Facials and as a person that cannot ignore nor forget the information she comes across, I am convinced that the less chemicals we put into our body the better our long term health can be. This doesn't mean that we have to avoid all that branded make up or those skin care products we love, but if we could just substitute the few staple items that we use every day, often twice a day, with a more natural alternative, I'm sure this could be extremely beneficial for us. 
Personally I think that buying Cleansing Milk is a waste of money. It is one of the easiest things to make at home and can be adapted to every type of skin. The results are truly amazing and, in my opinion, far more impressive than the shop bought versions. Here's my basic recipe. 

Cleansing Milk
2 tbsp Pure Aloe Vera Jelly ( you can find this in Boots or in The Health Shop)
2 tsp Jojoba oil
*Optional
A few drops of Vit E
A few drops of Neroli essential oil.

Mix well to obtain a smooth and uniform texture.

Apply on your face slowly massaging with your fingertips and remove with cotton pads. You can rinse it off if your skin is oily.


1 comment:

  1. This is so soft on the skin, I love it! I have just made my third batch and can safely say I will never buy cleansing milk again. Thanks Erica! :-)

    ReplyDelete