Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easy Calendula Cream Recipe


                                 
Photo by audreyjm529

Calendula, or marigold, is a plant in the daisy family , native to an area from Macaronesia east through the Mediterranean to Iran. 
Pharmacological studies have shown that Calendula extracts have anti-viral, anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties and it is used topically for acne, reducing inflammation, controlling bleeding, and soothing irritated tissue. Calendula has also been found very effective in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, or in speeding up the healing of skin irritation, wounds and sunburn.
I have been using Calendula for many years now, for myself and for my kids and it has been a lifesaver in many situations, from bad nappy rash, eczema and insects bites, to acne and scarring. It is one of the oils I make sure I never run out of and it is always in my first aid kit. 
It is one of the most expensive oils but can be used diluted in other carrier oils, like almond or wheat-germ, in different concentrations depending on the condition you want to treat.
In some cases I have used it pure, on little burns and wounds, or on a badly inflamed spot for example. 
In most cases though, I use it mixed in with other natural ingredients to make a smooth and easily spreadable cream, and I swear it works wonders!

...And here's my recipe:


www.picasaweb.google.com
                                       

EASY CALENDULA CREAM 


4 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 tbsp Calendula Oil (I used Atlantic
Aromatics Calendula Extract)
Few drops of Vitamin E (Jason )
Few drops of your favourite essential oil
Whisk all the ingredients until you reach a smooth and even texture.
Apply where and when needed.



Here's a link about the miraculous properties of Calendula, not only in creams, but also as an ointment, in herbal teas etc.
http://calendula-cream.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment